Data processing on this site
The controller of personal data of this website is the Central Election Commission, hereinafter - the CEC, registration number 90000028391, address Smilšu Street 4, Riga, LV-1050
Phones: +371 67322688, +371 25494995
Fax: +371 67325251
Data protection officer
To contact a data protection officer, please write an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or send a letter to:
Data protection officer
Central Election Commission
Smilšu Street 4,
Description of data processing
When you visit this site, CEC processes the following personal data that your browser sends to the server of this site:
-date and time of the request;
- the content of the request (link to a specific page of the website);
-access status (HTTP status code);
-amount of data transferred;
- the address of the site from which the request was received;
-the browser used, its version as well as the language;
-Operating system and its interface.
This data will be kept for at least 365 days, but not longer than necessary for data processing purposes.
Cookies are small text files that this site stores in the folder specified by your device's browser when you visit this site. This helps the site remember settings that you have chosen to browse so that you do not have to enter them again each time. They also allow us to track site traffic statistics and optimize this site based on the data collected.
This site uses the following types of cookies:
1) Functional cookies, without which the full operation of this website would not be possible. Websites do not have their own memory and do not maintain session statuses, i.e. when a user browses different sections of a website, the user is not recognized as one and the same user; Cookies allow the website to recognize the user. The main function of cookies is to allow the web server to receive information about the user's session, geographical location, language used, etc., in order to ensure the operation of the website;
2) Analytical cookies help to analyze the use of the website, for example, to understand the activities of visitors to the website. The information obtained by the analytical cookies is collected, stored and analyzed using visitor behavior analysis service provided by the Google Analytics tool. The use of analytical cookies is in CEC's legitimate interest in being able to exist, develop and perform the functions entrusted to it in the context of the information society.
If you want to restrict or block cookies that are installed on this site, or even delete cookies that you have already created, you can do so in your browser settings. To delete cookies in a specific browser, you must follow the instructions of the browser developer.
Purposes of data processing and legal basis
The above-mentioned processing of personal data is necessary for CEC to ensure the stable and secure operation of this site, with the aim of informing the public about developments important to CEC's operations and opportunities for cooperation, which are CEC's legitimate interests.
Rights of web site visitors
In accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation), the data subject (website visitor) has a number of rights, for the exercise of which a written application must be submitted to CEC. We would like to point out that due to the specifics of data processing, not all data subject's rights are legally or actually enforceable, at the same time CEC cannot restrict the exercise of specific rights, therefore we list all rights below:
- request access to your personal data;
- request the correction or deletion of your personal data;
- request a restriction on the processing of your personal data;
- object to the processing of your personal data;
- ensure data portability (for example, receive a copy of your personal data that you have transferred to CEC so that it can be transferred to another controller).
In situations where rights or interests are actually or allegedly infringed, the data subject has the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority of his or her choice. As CEC operates in the territory of the Republic of Latvia, the leading supervisory authority will in any case be the Latvian State Data Inspectorate (www.dvi.gov.lv).